Portrait and Studio Lighting
Current Instructor: Herman Nicholson
Cost: $220 Members, $275 Non Members
If you’ve always wanted to master the art of portrait photography and studio lighting, now is your chance. This six-week course is offered in a relaxed environment. Don’t own any studio lights? Don’t worry. We have everything you will need and more. At the end of the class, you will have gained valuable experienced in using studio lighting, all while creating some amazing portraits, too.
To enroll in this class, you are required to have completed our Introduction to Digital Photography class, or a class equivalent (with approval from our instructor).
. . .
- Learn how to build from a single light source
- Sculpt with light, utilizing multiple light sources, modifiers, gels, and creatively controlled techniques
- Receive in-class critiques from the instructor
- Grow more comfortable with lighting equipment
- A camera
- The manual for the camera (if you have it)
- A journal or notebook
. . .
Please note: Classes need a minimum of four students to run; the decision to run a class is made 48 hours in advance of the start date. In the event of a class cancellation, enrollment fees can be refunded or maintained as a credit towards a future class of your choice.