Intro to Digital Photography:
See Like a Photographer
Cost: $220 Members, $275 Non Members
Do you have an interest in photography, but lack the technical skills needed to bring your ideal image to life? If so, then this is the perfect class for you. In this four-week hands-on course, you will be immediately immersed in photography and will learn how to utilize your camera’s technical settings with confidence. This class will help get beyond auto to use all the technology your camera has to offer to your advantage, allowing you to create images that go beyond snapshots to express your personal vision. You will complete four assignments with an extensive review of your images from your instructor and fellow students. Ultimately, after taking this class you’ll master your camera and, hopefully, discover the joy of photography along the way, too.
. . .
- Start with an assignment that helps you to use light and composition as you begin to extend your vision
- Master the creative controls of exposure and practice with another assignment to apply what you have learned
- Use shutter speed to express motion and use aperture to create dramatic selective focus
- Complete three assignments outside of class and two assignments in class
- Receive feedback from your instructor and other students on your assignments
- A digital single lens reflex (DSLR) camera or a mirrorless camera (with manual controls)
- The manual for the camera (if you have it)
- At least one empty and formatted memory card for your camera
- A journal or notebook
. . .
Please note: Classes need a minimum of four students to run; the decision to run a class is made 48 hours in advance of the start date. In the event of a class cancellation, enrollment fees can be refunded or maintained as a credit towards a future class of your choice. This class is appropriate for students age 16 or older.
[ student IMAGES top to bottom ]
Wanda Williams (button)