Intermediate Digital Photography:
Beyond the Basics
Cost: $100 Members, $120 Non Members
This hands-on class is ideal for students hoping to take their photography skills to the next level. A continuation of Intro to Digital Photography, this four-week intermediate level course will empower you with complete creative control of your camera. Each time you receive new information about your camera and making better images, you will have the opportunity to practice your skills and undergo comprehensive critiques to assist you in developing your personal creative vision as a photographer.
To enroll in this class, you are required to have completed our Introduction to Digital Photography class, or a class equivalent (with approval from our instructor).
. . .
- Know when and how to use Aperture preferred, Shutter preferred, and manual modes
- Master exposure with exposure compensation and histograms
- Use different modes and techniques to gain more control over auto focus
- Gain control over white balance and gain even more control over depth of field
- Receive in-class critiques from four specific shooting assignments
- Leave with a cohesive series of 5-10 images
- Have the option to submit your print into our student satellite gallery at The Manor Theater
- A digital single lens reflex (DSLR) camera or a mirrorless camera (with manual controls)
- The manual for the camera (if you have it)
- A tripod
- At least one empty and formatted memory card for your camera
- A journal or notebook
- A high comfort level with ISO, aperture, auto and manual focus, and shutter speed.
. . .
[ student IMAGES top to bottom ]