Please click here for the printable darkroom policy. Make sure to read this prior to darkroom use.
DARKROOM RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL MEMBERS.
Please note the darkroom class room is locked by security code that may change monthly. Call ahead to insure the darkroom is open and ready for use.
Darkroom rental is for members of the Light Factory only. You may purchase membership online, or by calling The Light Factory office.
- $10 per hour
- $50 per week
- $100 per month
- $400 per year
Payments by credit card or check are acceptable.
Darkroom Hours: (Note: This schedule alters throughout the year.)
- Monday Friday: 10 am to 5:30 pm
- Saturday: 10 am to 6 pm
- Sunday: 1 pm to 5 pm
You MUST call ahead to be sure a class or program is not scheduled during these times. You cannot use the darkroom if a darkroom class is scheduled.
1. The Light Factory is a tenant in the Spirit Square building all space used by The Light Factory is leased. Therefore, we must adhere to the policies of building management.
2. Security is tight in our building and all activities produced by The Light Factory have to be scheduled and approved. If not, our guests and programs may be asked to leave and/or cease any activities that have not been pre-approved.
3. Classes: The darkroom space is also used for teaching classes. Calling ahead allows us to schedule you and our programs without overlap. Please check our website for our monthly class schedule.
4. Chemistry: Calling ahead allows Light Factory staff time to mix chemistry.
Mixing Chemistry Policy:
To safeguard your film and prints, chemistry, at this time, is to be mixed only by Light Factory staff members, the darkroom Manager or members of the darkroom committee. PLEASE DO NOT MIX CHEMISTRY. The darkroom committee's goal is to have a quality and "safe" developing environment for our members. Mixing of chemistry by darkroom guests creates too many variables and unknowns in the darkroom, reducing The Light Factory's ability to insure quality. Please call ahead to verify chemistry is mixed. The darkroom committee and staff are committed to providing consistently mixed chemistry for our guest. If you have questions, please call us from the phone in the Darkroom.
All books, cameras and other materials in the darkroom are to remain in the darkroom as material and supplies to be used by members and guests of the Light Factory. If you are interested in checking out a book or a piece of equipment, please contact the education director or a member of the Light Factory staff.